What you will do:
Day to Day:
- Lead the teams’ product, either existing or new, from discovery to build to maintenance.
- Collaborate across departments and teams to ensure all parties are aligned with the project vision and strategy.
- Communicate iteration priorities, feature sets, roadmaps and customer feedback to a variety of different stakeholders and executives.
- Lead product discovery with senior team members to quickly validate our assumptions and concepts.
- Help lead, develop and manage an assortment of differently skilled members and partners / suppliers.
- Apply strong Business Analysis skills and methodologies to ensure what we produce is aligned and value maximized for our customer.
- Clearly define excellent User Stories, as well as maintain the team’s backlog.
- Daily interfacing and discussion with clients on the status of a project, as well as problem solve and constantly ensure our client requirements are accurately interpreted and implemented by the team.
- Champion usability, and bring your user centric mindset to the table for others to be inspired.
You will actively help manage and up-skill our Product Team members. This means helping develop their career, their output, and their capabilities and experience as a Product Owner.
Travel & Onsite:
From time to time you will be required to travel and work onsite with clients. This could be for pitching or discovery activities – Both locally (Vietnam) or abroad.
Why join PYCO Group:
Work Exposure – At PYCOGroup we partner with a large variety of brands, from innovative and disruptive startups, to well established global businesses. You’ll have the chance to gain hands-on experience and be a leading team member on these accounts.
Our Culture – Not only do we have vibrant company culture with great benefits (annual retreats, team building activities, cinema outings, ping pong tournaments), we’re located at Vietnam’s most advanced technology park. Being in Ho Chi Minh City, you’ll have plenty of time to explore and enjoy Vietnam and its beautiful surroundings.
Our Global Network – We always have new, interesting, diverse products being collaboratively produced. This is the perfect opportunity to gain further expertise in new domains and markets, while working alongside an extremely talented multicultural pool of teams and individuals.
What you have:
- At minimum a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in IT, Business, Computer Science or related.
- Any additional certification or training in BA, PO, UX or related. (Ie. PSPO)
- English level: (reading, writing, speaking) – Advanced (Native language even better).
- French or Vietnamese would be an added bonus for sure.
At least 6+ years experience as a Business Analyst OR 6+ years as a Product Owner / Manager. In total, you should ideally have at least 8+ years in software, development or production industries.
- Advanced skill and expertise in Discovery methodologies – With high level focus on Elicitation and requirement gathering & documentation.
- Advanced skill in using suitable tools for business modeling, drawing business flows/diagrams, creating mockups/wireframes, etc.
- Experience with some of the most common business domains and its solutions (e.g. e-Commerce, CMS, CRM, Banking, Retails & Distribution, Logistics, etc.) is preferable.
- Experience with UI/UX with good knowledge and user centric mindset.
- Demonstrated skill in developing product roadmaps and functional specifications, launching new products, conducting customer research, and informing user testing.
- Experience in influencing and collaborating with Engineers, Project Managers and UX/UI designers to solve the brief & customer needs.
- Experience in owning product and working cross-functionally with development teams to manage the day to day activities.
- You will have a demonstrated record of excellent written and verbal communication to get buy-in for product strategy and communicate product status updates.
We are looking for the right PO candidate who shares a mix of the following attributes:
- Team Player – We want a collaborative superstar, who works well in teams, and thrives in an agile project environment.
- Pro Active – You are proactive in your mindset. Somebody who steps up and is willing to take on senior level responsibility and ownership of initiatives and tasks.
- Detail Orientated – You need to have an eagle eye for the details.
- Customer Focused – We put our customers (and their experience with us) at high importance. The right candidate will not only live and breath this, but will actively champion this. It should go without saying that you have tried and tested client facing experience.
- User Centric – And almost equally important to customer focus, is user centricity. You need to understand the value of ensuring our product approach is user centric, and make sure this is considered, adopted and executed during product life cycle.
- Cool, calm and collected – When the deadlines are closing in, we need someone who has a cool head, and can convincingly lead and resolve. A sense of humor is certainly appreciated.